- Detection to be included into Fortinet Virus Update
August 12, 2003
- Virus is 32bit and appends itself to 32bit EXE
- Virus body is 2048 bytes and exists in a section
created named "XOR"
- Virus infects files on Windows 98/ME/2000
and attempts to infect files run or accessed on the
- The virus contains the following text in its code
-= XOR 2009 Valhalla =- Assembled 1997 .. Activated 07.2002 - devoted for peace and harmony in universe against war, racism, terrorism and cruel brutality .. remember .. life is the most important thing - not money .. it's time for a revolution NOW ....
Check the main screen using the web interface for your FortiGate unit to ensure that the latest AV/NIDS database has been downloaded and installed on your system - if required, enable the "Allow Push Update" option