Adware/Adposhel is a generic detection for a Adware based tools. Since this is a generic detection, malware that are detected as Adware/Adposhel may have varying behaviour.
- Some of the samples detected as Adware/Adposhel are poised as System cleaner, that requires user registration to proceed with its supposed functions:
- Figure 1: System Cleaner Installation.
- Figure 2: System Cleaner.
- Figure 3: System Cleaner Installation.
- Figure 4: System Cleaner.
- Make sure that your FortiGate/FortiClient system is using the latest AV database.
- Quarantine/delete files that are detected and replace infected files with clean backup copies.