W32/Generic!tr is a generic detection for malware that are characterized as trojans. The common behaviour observed for this type of malware are, but not limited to, the following:
- Remote access connection handling capablities
- Perform Denial of Service (DoS) or Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks
- Capture keyboard inputs
- Delete files
- Terminate processes
- Steal confidential information
- Disrupt system performance
- FortiGate Systems
- Check the main screen using the web interface for your FortiGate unit to ensure that the latest AV/NIDS database has been downloaded and installed on your system - if required, enable the "Allow Push Update" option.
- Quarantine/delete files that are detected and replace infected files with clean backup copies.