Riskware/InstallMate is a generic detection for a type of grayware that arrives as an application installation package and might download and install unwanted software.
Below are typical actions done by this type of application:
- It attempts to download and install other potentially unwanted software.
- Web browser toolbars may also be installed by default.
- There may be no 'Cancel' or 'Exit' button on the installation interface.
- It may create the following files:
- Check the main screen using the web interface for your FortiGate unit to ensure that the latest AV/NIDS database has been downloaded and installed on your system - if required, enable the "Allow Push Update" option.
- Quarantine/delete files that are detected and replace infected files with clean backup copies.
|Web Application Firewall|