This detection is for installers of applications that bundle themselves with toolbars or Browser Helper Objects (BHOs) that usually display some form of adverstisement. The detection does not indicate the presence of malware, but is used to classify software with possibly unwanted behavior that may be a potential risk to users.
Riskware applications usually affect productivity and are thus not useful in a corporate environment.
Below are screenshots of some of the installation packages:
- Figure 1: Installation prompt example 1.
- Figure 2: Installation prompt example 2.
- Figure 3: Installation prompt example 3.
- Figure 4: Installation prompt example 4.
- Check the main screen using the web interface for your FortiGate unit to ensure that the latest AV/NIDS database has been downloaded and installed on your system - if required, enable the "Allow Push Update" option.
- Quarantine/delete files that are detected and replace infected files with clean backup copies.
|Web Application Firewall|