Hosting AmEx bank phishing sites
This botnet is a type of malware bot that may perform many malicious tasks, such as downloading and executing additional malware, receiving commands from a control server and relaying specific information and telemetry back to the control server, updating or deleting itself, stealing login and password information, logging keystrokes, participating in a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack, or locking and encrypting the contents of your computer and demanding payment for its safe return.
Some possible symptoms include, but are not limited to:
- Inability to restart the computer in safe mode
- Inability to open the Windows registry editor
- Inability to open the Windows task manager
- Modification or deletion of certain registry entries
- Significant increase in disk activity
- Significant increase in network traffic
- Connection attempts to known malicious IP addresses
- Creation of new files and directories with obfuscated or random names
A detailed analysis of this specific malware bot is not currently available. Fortinet's team of AV and bot analysts will update this page when a complete analysis is available.
It is not recommended that any attempts to remove this malware be performed manually. Fortinet recommends that you remove this threat by running a complete scan of your system using FortiClient Endpoint Protection.