Fortinet's FortiGuard Global Security Research Team has discovered a buffer overflow vulnerability in EMC RepliStor.
Remote code execution.
- EMC RepliStor 6.2 SP4 and earlier
- EMC RepliStor 6.3 SP1 and earlier
A remote, unauthenticated user may connect over TCP to the "ctrlservice.exe" or "rep_srv.exe" process and send a specially-crafted message to cause a heap based buffer overflow, which can result in arbitrary code execution.
- The FortiGuard Global Security Research Team released the signature "EMC.RepliStor.Integer.Overflow"
- Users should use EMC's Powerlink solution to upgrade to the following EMC RepliStor products:
- RepliStor 6.2 SP5: Navigate in Powerlink to Home > Support > Software Downloads and Licensing > Downloads P-R >RepliStor 6.2 SP5
- RepliStor 6.3 SP2: Navigate in Powerlink to Home > Support > Software Downloads and Licensing > Downloads P-R >RepliStor 6.3 SP2
- Xiaopeng Zhang and Zhenhua Liu of Fortinet's FortiGuard Global Security Research Team